Barrack Hussein Obama has done a spectacular job of blaming everyone else for the looming debt crisis but as usual he has committed to nothing. Obama has perfected the blame game but his whole adult life he has played all sides against each other while never committing to anything. Like most liberals he has no soul or core beliefs, where is all the transparency he promised. I though Obama was going to post all this wonderful information on the web so the American people would be better informed on what our government was doing with our tax dollars. But I guess if the American people actually knew the details of what this mob of lunatics was up too there might be a little more resistantance to there Euro-trash socialist agenda. Obama, Pelosi & Reid may not like Cut,Cap & Balance but no one can site any documented plan from Barrack Hussein Obama administration or from his fellow Democrats. I don’t like the Republican plan either, it does not cut deep enough but at least the Republicans have committed to something. The Senate Democrats leader Harry “The Cowboy Poet” Reid did not even have the spine to put the Republican plan up for a vote. The one important fact that the liberal media fails to remind folks is, even when the DEMOCRATS had 100% control of the White House, Senate and House they DID NOT PASS A BUDGET. Why are the Democrats even there if there not going to actually vote on legislation. Look at the Democrats in Wisconsin and Indiana, they fled the state when they where going to lose. Are liberals so lacking in the basic concepts of our Democracy or do they just not believe in it. The system only works when legislators legislate, they BOTH purpose bills then negotiate the details. The Obama left knows the majority of American people do not support there socialist agenda. So like most unpopular leaders they force there agenda on the citizens. For decades the liberal agenda has been rejected by the American people so they force there loony ideas on us in a number ways. One of there favorites is too appoint activist judges who make up laws that could never pass in legislative process. Or they mandate through the regulatory bureacracy. The massive federal debt is killing our nation, the liberal Democrats know this and as more people need assistance from the federal bureaucracy the Democrats can use scare tactics to maintain power.
As the Democrats get more hysterical about the debt limit, its more apparent they don’t give a damn about taxpayers. Obama and the Democrats look at working American taxpayers as a funding source for there political ambitions. Every single TAXPAYER has to balance there personal budgets and god forbid you don’t pay your taxes, what makes the politicians so damn special. The Democrats and way too may Republicans live in a world of no constraints because there are no consequences for there actions. The Cut, Cap and Balance bill would cut a miniscule $111 billion dollars from a $3.8 trillion dollar budget. This is what happens when you have an elitist class of professional politicians. Without a balanced budget requirement to limit the runaway spending and term limits nothing will ever change. The current system basically is fixed, these elitist once elected have to raise huge warchest for the next campaign. From day one once in office they commence paying back supporters with large payoffs of taxpayers hard earned dollars. Obama’s record spending and radical-left policies are the text book case, Big Labor, Wall Street and Hollywood are just a few of many who received taxpayer funded payouts. How much of your “Contribution To The IRS” will be wasted if Barrack Hussein Obama raises a record shattering $1.000.000.000 dollars for his campaign and is re-elected? With 50% of the country paying ZERO TAXES, you can imagine what’s coming for those who do pay taxes. So when you see the Democrats running TV ads showing Republicans pushing granny of a cliff and whining about loopholes REMEMBER why there trying so hard to relieve you of your sweat and equity.
- The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.
- Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.
- Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually — fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
- The Congressional Budget Office published a “Budget Options” series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.
- Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.
- Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
- A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, including “over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold.” The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.
- Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
- The Pentagon recently spent $998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida.
- Over half of all farm subsidies go to commercial farms, which report average household incomes of $200,000.
- Health care fraud is estimated to cost taxpayers more than $60 billion annually.
- A GAO audit found that 95 Pentagon weapons systems suffered from a combined $295 billion in cost overruns.
- The refusal of many federal employees to fly coach costs taxpayers $146 million annually in flight upgrades.
- Washington will spend $126 million in 2009 to enhance the Kennedy family legacy in Massachusetts. Additionally, Senator John Kerry (D-MA) diverted $20 million from the 2010 defense budget to subsidize a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute.
- Federal investigators have launched more than 20 criminal fraud investigations related to the TARP financial bailout.
- Despite trillion-dollar deficits, last year’s 10,160 earmarks included $200,000 for a tattoo removal program in Mission Hills, California; $190,000 for the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming; and $75,000 for the Totally Teen Zone in Albany, Georgia.
- The federal government owns more than 50,000 vacant homes.
- The Federal Communications Commission spent $350,000 to sponsor NASCAR driver David Gilliland.
- Members of Congress have spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars supplying their offices with popcorn machines, plasma televisions, DVD equipment, ionic air fresheners, camcorders, and signature machines — plus $24,730 leasing a Lexus, $1,434 on a digital camera, and $84,000 on personalized calendars.
- More than $13 billion in Iraq aid has been classified as wasted or stolen. Another $7.8 billion cannot be accounted for.
- Fraud related to Hurricane Katrina spending is estimated to top $2 billion. In addition, debit cards provided to hurricane victims were used to pay for Caribbean vacations, NFL tickets, Dom Perignon champagne, “Girls Gone Wild” videos, and at least one sex change operation.
- Auditors discovered that 900,000 of the 2.5 million recipients of emergency Katrina assistance provided false names, addresses, or Social Security numbers or submitted multiple applications.
- Congress recently gave Alaska Airlines $500,000 to paint a Chinook salmon on a Boeing 737.
- The Transportation Department will subsidize up to $2,000 per flight for direct flights between Washington, D.C., and the small hometown of Congressman Hal Rogers (R-KY) — but only on Monday mornings and Friday evenings, when lawmakers, staff, and lobbyists usually fly. Rogers is a member of the Appropriations Committee, which writes the Transportation Department’s budget.
- Washington has spent $3 billion re-sanding beaches — even as this new sand washes back into the ocean.
- A Department of Agriculture report concedes that much of the $2.5 billion in “stimulus” funding for broadband Internet will be wasted.
- The Defense Department wasted $100 million on unused flight tickets and never bothered to collect refunds even though the tickets were refundable.
- Washington spends $60,000 per hour shooting Air Force One photo-ops in front of national landmarks.
- Over one recent 18-month period, Air Force and Navy personnel used government-funded credit cards to charge at least $102,400 on admission to entertainment events, $48,250 on gambling, $69,300 on cruises, and $73,950 on exotic dance clubs and prostitutes.
- Members of Congress are set to pay themselves $90 million to increase their franked mailings for the 2010 election year.
- Congress has ignored efficiency recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services that would save $9 billion annually.
- Taxpayers are funding paintings of high-ranking government officials at a cost of up to $50,000 apiece.
- The state of Washington sent $1 food stamp checks to 250,000 households in order to raise state caseload figures and trigger $43 million in additional federal funds.
- Suburban families are receiving large farm subsidies for the grass in their backyards — subsidies that many of these families never requested and do not want. 
- Congress appropriated $20 million for “commemoration of success” celebrations related to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Homeland Security employee purchases include 63-inch plasma TVs, iPods, and $230 for a beer brewing kit.
- Two drafting errors in the 2005 Deficit Reduction Act resulted in a $2 billion taxpayer cost.
- North Ridgeville, Ohio, received $800,000 in “stimulus” funds for a project that its mayor described as “a long way from the top priority.”
- The National Institutes of Health spends $1.3 million per month to rent a lab that it cannot use.
- Congress recently spent $2.4 billion on 10 new jets that the Pentagon insists it does not need and will not use.
- Lawmakers diverted $13 million from Hurricane Katrina relief spending to build a museum celebrating the Army Corps of Engineers — the agency partially responsible for the failed levees that flooded New Orleans.
- Medicare officials recently mailed $50 million in erroneous refunds to 230,000 Medicare recipients.
- Audits showed $34 billion worth of Department of Homeland Security contracts contained significant waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Washington recently spent $1.8 million to help build a private golf course in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The Advanced Technology Program spends $150 million annually subsidizing private businesses; 40 percent of this funding goes to Fortune 500 companies.
- Congressional investigators were able to receive $55,000 in federal student loan funding for a fictional college they created to test the Department of Education.
- The Conservation Reserve program pays farmers $2 billion annually not to farm their land.
- The Commerce Department has lost 1,137 computers since 2001, many containing Americans’ personal data.
By Terence P. Jeffrey
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D.-Md.) said on the House floor last night that if the balanced budget amendment Republicans are supporting is ratified and included in the Constitution it would make it “virtually impossible” to raise taxes.
“In order to pay our bills, Republicans would require us to pass a Constitutional amendment that would permanently enshrine their partisan budget priorities in law and make it virtually impossible to raise revenue,” Hoyer said.
The push for a balanced budget amendment is part of the Republican Cut, Cap and Balance plan. This plan would increase the federal debt limit by $2.4 trillion in exchange for cutting federal spending by $111 billion next year and for congressional passage of a balanced budget amendment that, if ratified, would require supermajority votes in Congress to increase taxes, increase the debt limit, or spend more than 18 percent of GDP in a given fiscal year.
Hoyer was evidently alluding to the amendment’s requirement that taxes could only be increased with a supermajority vote of Congress when he said the proposal would make it “virtually impossible to raise revenue.”
Hoyer also said that the House Republicans were using the proposal to appeal to an “extreme fringe”
“When even three-quarters of Republicans said in a poll last week that they want a balanced deficit solution, it is clear that this bill is targeted at the extreme fringe in American politics, a small minority of the far right,” said Hoyer. “I urge my colleagues to affirm that this House represents all Americans–and to vote down this bill.”
The House passed the Cut, Cap and Balance bill 234 to 190. The vote was not along partisan lines. Nine Republicans voted against the proposal. Five Democrats voted for it.
With the deadline nearing to raise the federal debt ceiling and putting the country even deeper into our dark hole of debt Barrack Hussein Obama has deployed the BOGEYMAN. This typical modus operandi of the Democratic party is dragged out every election and usually anytime anybody wants to cut fat and pork from the bloated pig called the federal government. Obama and his errand boys our being dispatched far and wide to scare the hell out of the old folks with dire threats of vanishing Social Security checks. This pathetic old practice of the loony left would just be amusing accept for the little fact that we are $14.291.248.000.000 in debt. That’s $129.770 per taxpayer, the interest alone is $3.631.033.866.945 as I write this. Obama’s insistence on massive tax hike’s on the only people left with money to invest in new business just show’s what an idiot he is. Where does Obama and his fellow Democrats think jobs come from? The past 30 months have proven they really have little clue. The trillions of dollars spent on “stimulus”, didn’t stimulate anything but increased debt. The taxpayer money was wasted on projects that benefited supporters of Obama and his party. The unemployment rate is still at record levels, many of the employed are underemployed. Score of workers are just taking whatever job they can find just to feed there families. The liberals just don’t understand that capitalism creates jobs, government spending just takes money from the economy and kills long term growth. History has proven that as nations increase the size of government there economies crumble. Socialism has failed every single time, all anyone has to do is look at Europe or the former Soviet Union. Our nation thrived for decades when government was small and business was free to prosper. Profit is an amazing incentive to create. As our government has grown business has suffered under increasing regulation and governmental interference. Look anywhere in the world and the pattern repeats itself over and over. Politicians spend taxpayer money to benefit there election chances, there are incapable of wisely spending our hard earned dollars. Take some time and start adding up all the money that is forcible taken from your wallet every day. Do you think your getting a fair bang for your buck? Could your family have spent those tax dollars better, I am guessing YES. When government spends your money they are picking winners and losers, do you really think these clowns are acting in your best interest?
Cantor: Obama Scuttled Debt Deal With Trillion-Dollar Tax Demand
(CNSNews.com)– House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said that President Barack Obama torpedoed a deal to raise the debt ceiling by demanding an additional $1 trillion in tax hikes in exchange for comprehensive tax reform.
Speaking to an audience at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, Cantor said that Obama had offered to “de-couple” tax hikes on those making $250,000 or more in exchange for lowering tax rates later through comprehensive reform.
“As you know, the Speaker [John Boehner] ended the talks because the president insisted on raising the tax rates,” Cantor said. “From what I know – and there’s not a lot of detail that I do know about – that deal was premised upon decoupling of the Bush tax rates.”
“This was the notion that somehow you’re going to make permanent the rate at 35 percent for those [earning] under $200,000 [per year] and for everybody – individually under $200,000, couples $250,000 and over – you’re going to let those rates expire in the hopes that you’re going to get tax reform at a date certain and somehow that date certain is going to produce comprehensive tax reform that’s going to yield a lowering of the rates.”
However, Cantor said, Obama also demanded an additional $1 trillion in unidentifed tax hikes, forcing House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to walk out of the talks.
“The problem is, the president is also requesting an additional $1 trillion-plus in new revenues, which CBO right away scores as a tax increase.” (The CBO is the Congressional Budget Office.)
Cantor called Obama out on the latter’s stated desire for a grand bargain on the debt ceiling, saying that despite the rhetoric, Obama had yet to produce any details on President Barack Obama sits with House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, as he meets with Republican and Democratic leaders regarding the debt ceiling, Monday,
“So, I’d like to see the specifics of what the president says his plans are,” Cantor said. “The Biden-yielded specifics, they were talked about in that meeting [July 11] and were quickly dispersed by the White House as to what the details were – again, those were the details that were discussed and identified [as] bipartisan under the Biden talks.”
In other words, the deal Obama offered Boehner would have allowed the top tax rates to rise as scheduled in exchange for Obama’s support of comprehensive tax reform, lowering all tax rates but closing loopholes and eliminating deductions. Obama also wanted at least more than $1 trillion in new unspecified tax increases.
Obama, according to Cantor, did not offer Boehner specifics on what that comprehensive tax reform might look like, only a promise that it would pass in the future, prompting Boehner to leave the talks.
The debt limit, or debt ceiling, is the amount of money the federal government is legally allowed to borrow. The current ceiling, which was hit on May 16, is $14.29 trillion. The talks between congressional leaders and the White House have concerned how to go about raising that debt ceiling another $2.4 trillion, with agreements on budget cuts and future spending, as well as the tax increases the president and the Democrats are advocating.
Congress is expected to vote on a potential debt limit increase before Aug. 2, 2011.